Pages

Saturday 15 May 2021

Let's Celebrate



 

Happy Saturday everyone it's DT member Natalie here with a bright and colourful shaker card for you today. I love the CAS look of this card the white really makes that pink pop!

My card was quite simple to make I started by stamping out my images from the Brighter Days stamp and die set and colouring them up. The spaces are quite small so there wasn't much blending to do. I stuck with the same blue for the peacock as I did the mandala to give it a uniform look. The mandala did take some time to colour but its so worth it. If you wanted to be quicker though you could heat emboss onto some coloured paper or maybe on top of a distress oxide background. There is loads of possibilities. 
Once everything was coloured I cut them out with the coordinating dies and cut out the centre of the mandala too to create my shaker window. To create the base for the shaker I cut out a rectangle and placed my mandala where I wanted it to go. Then I could mark it in the perfect spot and cut it out using that same circle die I used for the inside of the mandala. I could then stick the coloured mandala on top and the acetate on behind. At the back I added foam tape all around the edges and made a small square around the window this helps keep your sequins behind the window and means you don't need to use loads of sequins. I always take the backing tape off before adding the sequins so there's less chance of them sticking to the foam tape when your trying to get the backing off. 
Once everything was in place I popped my backing on which was some hot pink card added my sentiment from the Brighter Days sentiment paper and popped it on my card base.
I hope you have enjoyed my tutorial and if you want to buy any of the items in the Time for Tea shop or any other goodies you can get 10% off using code T4TNATALIE10

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like