Pages

Wednesday 12 May 2021

Peekaboo cards

Hi everyone, it's Jayne here with this month's tutorial! I hope you're all enjoying the new release as much as I am! This month, I've decided to focus on creating "peekaboo" cards, and I've got two examples to share with you, as well as a bonus extra card you can make using the same supplies (and who doesn't love a 2 for 1?).


For this project, you will need:

  • A co-ordinating stamp and die set (I've used the Teariffic Pals stamp & die set)
  • Die cutting machine
  • Some masking paper
  • A stamping tool / stamp positioner is helpful, but not essential!
Instructions



  1. Stamp your main image on the front of your card;
  2. Open up your card and die cut the image out of just the card front;
  3. Close your card up, and stamp the image again onto the inside of the card, by positioning it inside the die-cut window;
  4.  At the same time, stamp the image on a piece of masking paper, and fussy cut right along the outside line (no border);
  5. Add the mask to the image inside your card;
  6. Next, stamp the rest of your scene behind your main image, then peel off the masking paper so it appears that your main image is standing in front of the rest. My card has the kitty in a cup peeking out from behind the panda;
  7. Close up your card and add any sentiment and other detail you would like to the front. I made a border along the bottom of my card front by masking off a thin strip, stamping the sugar cube image repeatedly and colouring in the gaps;
  8. Finally, colour your scene, and you're done!




Bonus Card

After making your card, you'll have a die-cut of the main image left over. I thought it would be fun to make a really quick second card using the die-cut so it doesn't go to waste!

You'll need:

  • Ink pads
  • Blending tool
  • Masking/washi tape


Again, I coloured the panda in the cup using Copics and put him to one side. Next, I masked off an area on the card, and ink blended inside, using my blending brushes and the following Distress Oxides: spun sugar, kitsch flamingo and seedless preserves. I sprayed a fine mist of water over the top to lift away some of the colour, and added the panda on top with foam tape so he's nicely popped up. I then stamped the sentiment along the bottom of the ink blended strip, and this bonus card was finished in a matter of minutes!


I have a second example to show you, too, using the Bake My Day set and co-ordinating dies. I followed exactly the same process as above for the first card, and for the second, I masked off a rectangle using a masking stencil, and ink blended in pink shades. I added my little baking mouse with foam tape, and a sentiment that I'd heat embossed onto some black card. I finished with a few little gems, and again, it took just few minutes to complete, and my little mouse didn't go to waste!








Hope you found this tutorial helpful! I'd love to see what you make with your co-ordinating stamp & die sets! 
As always, if you'd like to grab yourself some goodies from the T4TD store, please use discount code T4TJAYNE10 to get yourself 10% off your entire order.

See you next month with another crafty tutorial!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards, once again, Jayne - and I definitely like your 2-for-1 plan :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like