Pages

Sunday 19 June 2022

Hello

Good afternoon Teatimers

Just calling to say a quick Hello! How cool is this retro phone die from the latest release? I absolutely remember my nan having one of these when I was younger and loved to play with the dial.

Taking a 6x6 card blank I die cut the largest of the Square Label Dies making sure the edge of my die when slightly past the fold of the card. I then took yellow patterned paper from the 6x6 Sweet Summer pad and cut out using the next die down.

I wanted a simple background design so that the funky yellow phone would stand out. Using the sentiments from the Hey There Critters stamp set and taking inspiration from a fellow DT colleague, I stamped a background of 'hellos' onto white card. I used the 3rd largest die from the set to cut out this layer.

I die cut the Retro Phone Builder Die from yellow card and added colour around the edges with Squeezed Lemonade and Spiced Marmalade. I cut the dial out twice from white card (including the holes) and once from black card (without holes) adding the black to the back of the white pieces to give some dimension.

I used the HELLO from the Hey, Hi, Hello dies cut 3 times from white card and the background from black and added underneath the phone.

I love the way the striking yellow phone stands our against the simple black and white background.

Thank you for joining me here on the blog today. You can use my code T4TLYNDSEY10 for 10% off your order in store.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend 

Lyndsey x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like