Pages

Monday 27 June 2022

Hit the PAWse Button!

Hi everyone and happy Monday! I am back on the blog today and this time with a tutorial on how to create a card using mainly diecuts! I wanted to create a scene that included silhouettes and thought the Stitched Window Cover die would help make the perfect scene of a cat looking outside at the starry night sky. 


Sets Used:
I first cut out the Window from navy cardstock. I took white cardstock and trimmed it down to the size of the window. I then took the Movie Star Stencil and blended embossing ink over it, making sure to go over it a couple times so that the embossing powder will stick. I added white embossing powder and heat embossed the panel.

I then took Faded Jeans, Seedless Preserves, Picked Raspberry, Kitsch Flamingo and Dried Marigold and blended it over the panel. I love how the embossed images shines through once you blend ink over it. I took a circle die from the Simple Circle Dies set and cut it out of white cardstock for the moon.


I took the stack of books, plant and cat dies from the Purrfect Die Coordinating die set from black cardstock for my silhouettes. I took the Hello die and cut it out of gold cardstock. For my sentiment, I decided on "Hit the Pawse Button" as it reminds me to take a little break and relax every now and then. I heat embossed it onto red cardstock and trimmed it down.


To assemble the card, I put the moon piece near the top of the card. I then adhered the window using liquid adhesive. I added the remaining pieces using liquid adhesive as well.

I hope you enjoyed this tutorial. I've been making cards with more diecuts recently as it can help create some beautiful scenes! If you want to get any of the sets I used today, don't forget to use the code T4TRANDY10 for extra savings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like