Pages

Monday 20 June 2022

You Had Me At Meow... Twice!

Hello everyone and welcome back to the blog. I absolutely love big sentiment dies especially when I am in a time crunch and need to make several cards. I wanted to show how you can make two cards using the negative and positive space of the cutout sentiment. 


Sets used:

I cut out 3 card panels using the larges die from the Autumn Scene Cover Plate die set. For my sentiment, I wanted to use a blue blend and first blended Salvaged Patina over the panel. I then took the Tiger Stripes stencil and blended Peacock Feathers. I placed the sentiment die in the middle of the panel and cut out  the sentiment. 



For my background, I blended Tattered Rose over both panels. I then took the Pawsome Prints stencil and blended Worn Lipstick and Saltwater Taffy.


To line up the letters in my sentiment, I took the negative piece and placed it over one of the panels. I used that along with liquid adhesive to help me glue down each letter to make sure they were even.


You can always leave the card as is with just the sentiment but I decided to add two cats since the images are so adorable. I stamped out the two cats from the Kitty Capers set and used the following Copic colors:
N0, N1. N2. N3. N4. N5. and N6. 


I die cut them out using the coordinating dies and used liquid adhesive to adhere it onto the card panel.


For my second card, I took the negative piece and splattered white water color over it to give it some interest. I then adhered it directly onto my second card panel with liquid adhesive. I made sure to save the little pieces that are cutout inside the letters and adhered them onto the panel as well.

I wanted to add 2 more images onto this card and stamped out an image from the Kitty Capers set and one from the Purrfect Day stamp set and used YR00, YR02, YR12, YR14, and. YR16 to color them. I die cut them out using the coordinating dies and adhered them onto the panel with liquid adhesive.


I wanted to make this card just a little bit different from the first card so I added a sentiment from the Let's Chat Clear stamp set that I heat embossed onto red cardstock.

I hope you enjoyed my blog post for today. I love being able to use all elements from a die cut and making these two cards helps with using every single piece cut out. Time for Tea has lots of different sentiment dies that can be used for the same technique. Don't forget to use the code T4TRANDY10 for some savings on your next purchase. 








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like