Pages

Tuesday 16 August 2022

Desert sunset birthday card

Hi tea timers!

It's Miki here from the Design Team and I'm so excited to share with you today's card using the new release. For today's card I used the Happy Hump Day stamp set - this might be one of my forever favourite T4T designs!!

To start with I ink blended a summer sunset background on white cardstock. I used the following distress oxides:

  • Fossilized Amber
  • Ripe Persimmon
  • Candied Apple
I started with the yellow in the center and faded it out into the oranges and reds on the outside. I then added some splatters using a mix of water and perfect pearls and picked up the excess with some tissue. I then used the Sun Ray Cover Die to cut the panel. I used the die once more on white cardstock and glued the white rays behind the ink blended ones for extra dimension. I then glued all the pieces on a card base. 

Next I stamped the two camels, the pyramids and the cacti from the Happy Hump Day stamp set. I coloured them in and die cut them with the matching dies. I added them to my card base with foam tape.

I also stamped and embossed the It's your birthday sentiment in white embossing powder on black cardstock and cut it using the matching dies. I glued it with foam tape at the top of the card.

I love this scene, it makes me think of a summer sunset in the desert and the critters are so adorable! I hope you like it too!

Until next time,
Miki 

1 comment:

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like