Pages

Thursday 4 August 2022

Llama tell you happy birthday!

Hi tea timers!

It's Miki here from the Design Team and I'm so excited to share with you my first card using the new release. I absolutely loved playing with the new products and I can't wait to share all my projects with you!

For today's card I started by working on the sky. I took a piece of card stock and ink blended it in the following Distress Oxide colours:

  • Wilted Violet
  • Shaded Lilac
  • Kitsch Flamingo
  • Spun Sugar
I then added some splatters using a mix of water and perfect pearls and picked up the excess with a tissue. This adds some interest. I then used the Waves Cover Die to cut it and left them aside.

For the sand I used Scattered Straw and again added some splatters with a mix of water and perfect pearls and cut it with the Waves Cover Die.

I also used the Waves Cover Die to cut the border from white cardstock and glued that to an A6 card base. I wanted some white space between my waves so instead of using all 6 parts I discarded the bottom one and cut the next one up at a straight angle. This way I had more space to play with. I then took my waves and glued them inside the border trying to make sure there's equal spacing between them.

For the images I used the adorable Llama Tell You stamp & die collection. I stamped two of the llamas and some accessories and coloured them in with a mix of pencils and markers. I used the matching dies to cut them out. I then stamped the mountains twice and coloured them in with alcohol markers. I cut them with the matching dies and for one of them I cut off the bit linking to the cactuses as I wanted it to go behind the other set of mountains. I also stamped, coloured and die cut some clouds.

I then started working on my scene. I started by glueing down my first set of mountains, the ones without the cactus towards the right side of the card. I then glued down the second set, slightly off set to the left. I think this adds more depth and dimension to the card. I added the llamas and clouds with some foam tape. 

I then stamped and embossed two of the sentiments in white embossing powder on black cardstock and cut them with the matching dies. I added them to my panel using some thin foam tape.

That finishes off my card for today. I hope you like it and remember you can use your products in so many different ways to create different results!

Hugs,
Miki

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like