Pages

Tuesday 15 August 2023

Sundae Sweeties

 

HI crafty friends, DT Miri here. Doesn't the week go fast - it's Tuesday again already. That means I am back with another card design to share with you all. In the northern hemisphere it's summer time. All about holidays, sunshine, beach days, gardening, relaxing by the pool and of course - ice-cream!!!! Here in Melbourne where I live, it's cold, wet and dreary. So today's card is dedicated to those long summer days which I hope aren't too far away for me..... Let's get started!




To start today's card I prepared the card base and panel first. I have used a hot pink card stock to create a card base that measures 4.25 x 5.5 inches and then trimmed a panel of white cardstock that measures slightly smaller. On this white panel I have stencilled using the Sweet Honeycomb stencil and Kitsch Flamingo Distress Oxide ink. Just stencilling over part of the panel. I then stamped the sentiment onto the section of white space.



I then stamped the images from the Sundae Sweeties stamp in a Copic friendly black dye ink and coloured them with Copic markers. Once the colouring was dry, I added white highlights using a gel pen and fussy cut, although there is a coordinating die available.

I have used the following colour combinations for this card - 
R39, 29, 27, 24, 85, 83, 81, E44, 43, 42, 41, 59, 57, 55, 53, 51, 50, G09, W4, 02, 0, 00.



I glued the panel to the card base and then added the images using glue and foam tape and that competes the card for today. Super quick, super easy and still super cute!

I hope you enjoyed seeing how this card came together and that you might be inspired to create something similar this week. Don't forget you can get 10% off your purchases by using my online code T4TMIRI10.

Have a great week, see you next Tuesday with another card project x






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like