Pages

Saturday 9 May 2020

I Believe in You!



Hi guys happy Saturday hope you are all having a lovely weekend! I have another tutorial today using the fab new 
unicorn stamp set Unicorn in Training.
I began by cutting out the A6 Hooray Panel Die and grabbing my Magical Snowflakes Stencil. The stencil is a lot wider than the card I cut out so I added some washi tape on the back of the card and stuck it to the stencil that way then taped the whole thing to my craft mat so it wouldn't move. I used a combination of Picked Raspberry, Spiced Marmalade and Wilted Violet Distress Oxides for the colour. Then to add the sparkle I went over the top with some Cosmic Shimmer Stellar Ice Lunar Paste using a Palette Knife. After I carefully peeled off the stencil I made sure to wash it straight away otherwise the paste will dry to the stencil and spoil it. I  set this to dry for a good 24 hrs just to be on the safe side.
Meanwhile I coloured and cut the rest of the elements the Hexagons are from the Bee Happy Stitched Nesting Dies I used the two larger dies in the set. I coloured up the rainbow and the jumping unicorn and cut them out and stamped my sentiment directly onto the smaller of the hexagon dies. Then attached the unicorn and rainbow onto the hexagon as well. I popped this on top of the larger hexagon using foam tape to give it some added dimension. I also cut a strip of velum to add some detail behind the hexagon but doesn't cover up those glitter snowflakes completely. I folded this around the glitter base and stuck it around the back so you cant see the tape. Then added the hexagon on top this helps to stick the velum too.
Using the A6 panel as a guide I cut out another rectangle slightly larger, then blended some Picked Raspberry and Spiced Marmalade Distress Oxide on top and spritzed it with some water. Then popped the A6 panel on top and stuck it to my base card. It was a pretty quick and simple card to make but looks so pretty especially with  the glitter!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like