Pages

Monday 3 February 2020

Hip Hop Hooray with Extra Action!

Hi crafty friends! Are you ready for some new inspiration from Time For Tea Designs? DT Jennifer here with some spring-y fun (in more ways than one!).

For my card today, I'm showing off these adorable bunnies in the brand new Hip Hop Hooray clear stamp set! I just want to squeeze them! I told my husband we should get a pet bunny, but he didn't think that was a great idea...what a party pooper.

I've got a video of this bunny doing his Action Wobble/BOING BOING thing on my Instagram HERE if you're interested!

There's a lot going on here with today's project - it was so much fun to create! I started by cutting my large Smile Scalloped frame die out of Neenah Solar white cardstock and setting it aside. I also cut a piece of Neenah Solar white cardstock the same size as the outside border of the die so I could use it to create my background. 

I flipped the frame piece over and used it as the outside mask for my background. I knew I was going to add the film strip at an angle, so I masked off a central line to break up the grass and sky using some scrap paper. Using my Beautiful Blender Brushes, I placed Distress Oxide ink (Tumbled Glass) over the entire top background panel. Then I used Stormy Sky with my stencil to add the hearts, fading it out toward the edges. I switched the mask to the other side and repeated with Mowed Lawn ink directly onto the cardstock, layered with the stenciled image using Peeled Paint ink over the top. The blender brushes put the ink on as smooth as silk!!

Once everything was all colored, dolled up, and cut, I started adding it to my card base and polka dot background panel. I'm normally COMPLETELY ALLERGIC to stuff being put on my cards "crooked", but I really think it adds some fun and whimsy to this scene to do it that way. I offset the background panel, the frame, and the bunnies as they hop on and off camera to move your eyes across the entire card. 

I almost forgot - I have a discount code for you to use - T4TJENNIFER10 will save you 10% on your order from the Time For Tea shop! Yayyyy :)

I hope you enjoyed my project today. If you've got a moment, head over to join our FB communityfollow us on Instagram, and don't forget to play along with our monthly challenges by tagging #timeforteadesigns - so easy! Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like