Pages

Tuesday 1 June 2021

Guest Designer Jess shares her super cute car critters card!

Hello Teatimers! I'm Jess
McAfee and I'm so excited to be showcasing new goodies from the May Release. Pour a cuppa, put on your riding scarf and join
me while we hit the road with Car




I started by die-cutting an A2-sized rectangle with Bristol Smooth Paper and
opening up my beautiful new
Pack of Two Brush Set. I wanted a vibrant background and decided on this Oxide Ink combo:

-Salvaged Patina
-Squeezed Lemonade
-Kitsch Flamingo 
-Wilted Violet

Using the new Chic
Chevron Stencil, I finished the background by carefully applying pressure with each new colour. Once I was happy with the blend,
it's time for my favourite part: lifting the stencil to reveal the beautiful design. 




Next, I stamped and coloured the main images from Car
Critters using Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and Spectrum Noir TriBlend markers. 

For the sentiments, I used the Brighter
Days Sentiment Cards and grounded the scene with a grass strip and road from the Hillside
Slimline Scene Die Set. To finish off the card front, I added coordinating sequins, Diamond Stickles and Glossy Accents. 




P.S I had noticed after the fact that I coloured in the wheels grey, oops! Did
you notice? I figured the recipient wouldn't mind and would be excited to find a handmade card in their mailbox.

It's been a blast hanging out today!
I can't wait to be back next week to share another card.

Crafty Hugs,

Jess McAfee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like