Pages

Friday 18 June 2021

Spring Love

 


DT Annalisa here today, sharing a waterfront scene I created using the new Slimline Hillside Scene Dies and Sunrise Scene 6 x 6” Stencil. I am sad that spring is coming to a close as it is one of my favourite seasons. I am just not happy when it is hot and humid. How about you, what is your favourite season?

To start, I stamped, coloured (with Copics) and die cut the ducks and other accessories (flower, dragonfly, etc.) from the adorable Lucky Ducks stamp set. I also used some other T4T stamp sets (You’ve Got Mail, Life's Ups & Downs, Beavering Away, All Occasion Critters Clear Stamp Set) and some other stamps and dies in my stash. 


I created the grass layer using Distress Oxides (Mowed Lawn, Twisted Citron and Lucky Clover) and my Beautiful Rainbow Blender Brushes. I added splatter in white and Lucky Clover and once the paper was dry, I die cut it using the slimline grass die from the Slimline Hillside Scene Dies. I absolutely LOVE this die set, the grass cuts so beautifully and I love the end result.

For the water layer, I used Mermaid Lagoon and Salty Ocean with the Sunrise Scene 6 x 6” Stencil, I love the water ripple effect that this stencil helps you to create. Once again, I added white splatter and die cut it out using the Slimline Hillside Scene Dies.

For the final background layer, I used the Sunrise Scene Stencil and Squeezed Lemonade and Wild Honey Distress Oxides for the sun. The sky was in Tumbled Glass and the clouds in Speckled Egg. I die cut this background using the largest die in the Slimline Scalloped Trio Circle Nesting Dies.


 Once all of the elements were ready, I began to assemble the card, starting by adding the water layer down on top of the background layer using liquid glue. Then I added foam tape to the grass and added it on top of the water. I then adhered all of the critters and elements using liquid glue.

I stamped and die cut out the sentiment from You've Got Mail and its' coordinating dies and stuck it down with liquid glue to complete the card.

I just love creating cute scenes like this one, if you do too, be sure to enter your creations into the June T4TD challenge as the theme of this month is "Create A Scene." Please visit the challenge blog and submit your entries. For each challenge, we will select a random winner to receive a £25.00 gift certificate to use at Time For Tea Designs! We will also select one winner to Guest Design for us the following month.

Don't forget I have a 10% discount code for the T4T store which can be used on anything, anytime and has no time limit - T4TANNALISA10.






1 comment:

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like