Pages

Monday 23 May 2022

Home is Where the Kitty Capers Are

Good Morning Everyone! Today I get to share a fun home scene I created using the new Tiger Stripes stencil and featuring the new Kitty Capers Stamp and die set.

I wanted to show a scene where we get a glimpse of what are pets are up to when we aren't home. Although, let's be honest, they may do the same even when we are home!

Sets Used:

I first diecut out two panels using the largest die from the Autumn Scene Cover Plate set. For the first panel, I blended Tattered Rose over the cardstock. I then used the new Tiger Stripes Stencil and blended Worn Lipstick and Saltwater Taffy. I wanted to created a fun wallpaper look on the "wall" of my card.



With the second panel, I trimmed it down and blended Antique Linen, Gathered Twigs and Tea Dye. I wanted to create a dresser for the cats and the objects to sit on top. I decided to take the wood piece from the Purrfect Day Scene Builder die set and cut it out 4 times. I used the same inks to blend onto the wood pieces. These pieces are to act as the drawers of the dresser.



I then stamped out the images from the Kitty Capers Stamp and Purrfect Day Stamp sets and used the following colors:
  • Cats: C00, C01, C03, C05, C07
  • Plants: YG93, YG95, YG97, G03, G05, G07
  • Books: RV13, RV14, RV17, BG11, BG13, BG15, V00, V04, V06
  • Milk Bottle: B000, B00, B01


I then die cut my images and placed them to the side. I diecut the word "home" from the New Home Sentiment die set from gold cardstock. I heat embossed the sentiment using white embossing powder onto teal cardstock and trimmed it down. I then assembled and adhered my images using liquid adhesive.

I hope you enjoyed this blog post and will create some fun scenes using these adorably mischievous cats. The new release is available in the shop and don't forget to use the code T4TRANDY10 on your next purchase. Have a crafty-filled week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like