Pages

Monday 2 May 2022

Make Gift Cards More Personalized!

 Hi Everyone and Happy Monday! I am back today to share a new project, this time creating personalized Gift Card Holders. I used to hear that gift cards were impersonal but as I get older, I find my friends and I prefer to get each other gift cards.

The holders themselves are super easy to make and only require a slimline die. 

Sets used:



I diecut the largest slimline die from the set using heavy cardstock. I then scored the cardstock at the 2 3/4 mark, on both ends. I then folded them in using a bone folder. 


For my first background, I created clouds using a stencil in my stash and blending Salvaged Patina. For the grassy area I blended Twisted Citron, Mowed Lawn and Forest Moss.


For my second background, I blended Tattered Rose, Saltwater Taffy and Worn Lipstick with a brick stencil I had in my stash. For the ground. I blended Stormy Sky, Faded Jeans and Chipped Sapphire.


I stamped out the images and used the following colors:

  • Alligators: YG21, YG23, YG25, YG91, YG93, YG95, Y00, Y02, Y04, Y11, Y13, Y15
  • Coffee Pot: E23, E25, BG11, BG13
  • Coffee Cup: R20, R22, R24
I stamped the top sentiment directly onto the holder and heat embossed Coffee on the bottom. I adhered the images using foam tape and glue.



I used the following Copic markers for the Hippo and their cart:
  • Coffee Cart: R20, R22, R24, C0, C1, C2, C3, C4
  • Cups:  Y11, Y13, Y15
  • Hippo: T0, T2, T4, T6, T8, E93, E95, E00
I also cut out the grass from the landscape set and used the same colors previously. I stamped the sentiment directly onto the holder and then adhered my images using foam tape. 


The gift card will fit in the holder and you can use the adhesive that normally comes with it to adhere it to the holder. To keep the holder shut, I decided to use wax seals that I have been loving recently. On the back, you can personalize the holder even more by adding the recipient names or a cute sentiment as well.

I hope you enjoyed this tutorial and will make gift card holder for future presents! Thank you for joining me today and don't forget to use the code T4TRANDY10 to save in the store!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like