Pages

Saturday 14 March 2020

Hooray Hamsters



So I got some glitter texture paste and I’m
not going to lie I can’t stop using it! It’s so, so pretty I wish you could see the sparkle more in this imagine.
I didn’t know where I was going with this card I just had this idea for a background and it went from
there. I created it using two stencils layered over the top of each other. I cut out my card base and placed the circle masking stencil over the top and then added the zig zag stencil over the top of that make sure you stick them down with post it tape/wash so they don't move around. Using Picked Raspberry Distress oxide I created the first set of zig zags with my Time for Tea Blender Brushes then taking the stencil off I placed it over the top of the pink zig zags that we just created so it would mask them off so I could create some orange zigzags using Marmalade Distress Oxide ink. Once this was done I took off the zig zag stencil but left the masking circles in place. Then I added my Luna glitter paste over the top being careful not to add too much other wise it would seep through underneath the stencil. When using this paste make sure you give your stencil a thorough clean before it dries. I then left my background a good day to dry as it was quite thick. 
I stamped out the hamsters and a few other elements and decided on a blue, pink and yellow colour scheme tying in with the circles but then adding an extra pop with the blue. When colouring up the balloons i tried to think about where my shading would be using the darker colour around the edges and then leaving a pop of white for a highlight this gives them a 3-D look as oppose to just a flat image. 
For my layout i tried to get images in all the circles but also at the same time tried not to cover them up topo much as I wanted them to be a big feature in the card.
The sentiment was heat embossed on some black cardstock with white embossing powder and popped up with some foam tape and thats it my card is finished for today I hope you liked my tutorial. 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like