Pages

Friday 27 March 2020

Smile and Bee happy Window Scene Interactive Card

Hi there!

I really hope everyone is keeping well, staying safe and is remaining positive while social distancing.



Last night's FB Live Craft with Jo and Ant was such a tonic for us and hopefully for you too. It means so much to be able to craft along with you, chat about craft and do something that is a welcome distraction from the current situation.

Be sure to watch the edited version of the Live Event below to see all the steps in more detail.


For today's card I wanted to create a fun interactive card that feels like Spring is on its way!


I stencilled my Bee Hive background directly onto my card base using my Beautiful Blender Brushes and Distress Oxide Inks.


I then opened my card and used my Large Square Masking stencil the mark out where I wanted my garden scene. The Masking Stencil has etched lines that allow you to line up your stencil onto an A6 UK card base or an A2 US card base.
  

I then used the Sunny Side Up Again 6x6 Stencil to create my scene. I stencilled the grass & fluffy clouds with this stencil and my Beautiful Blender Brushes.


My super cute Bees were stamped onto super smooth cardstock with my Lawn Fawn Jet Black Ink. I coloured all of my images with my Faber Castell Polychromo Pencils. The tree is from the Moovellous Stamp set and fits perfectly into our scene.


I stamped the Bee Happy sentiment from the Bee Happy Stamp set underneath our scene using Versafine Onyx Black Ink.


I used a die from the Quilted Square Nesting Die set to cut the window from the front of my card. This now creates a view through to our scene on the inside of our card.


I cut the Smile sentiment from the Smile Scalloped Frame Die Set, from white and black cardstock. I layered the black sentiment over the white offset slightly to create a drop shadow effect.


I then added my images. The Bee with his honey jar has been added directly to the front of the card using liquid glue. The Tree has also been adding with liquid glue to the left of my scene.


My adorable Bee carrying his rainbow of flowers has been added with my favourite accessory! The Action Wobbler! This give my Bee some dimension but also means he wobbles and springs when he is flicked gently. Its is so adorable and really makes me smile.


I hope you enjoyed the project today.

We are so grateful to you for your support. We are a small family business (just me, Ant and the cats :)) so we are taking every precaution so we can continue to bring you inspirational projects and new products.

At the moment we are still fully operational as Royal Mail continues to support the nation keeping our post coming to our doors. 

Please Stay Home and Stay Safe.

Look out for more inspirational via our FB & IG pages while we continue to work our way through self isolation.
#weareinthistogether

Our next scheduled FB Live will be Thursday 2nd April - 8PM GMT.

The products I used for this card are detailed below.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like