Pages

Friday 6 November 2020

 

Happy Fall Friday! It suddenly got warmer so my husband and I are off for a hike today to enjoy it while it lasts. Today I am sharing an interactive fall card featuring the Life's Ups & Downs Clear Stamp Set as well as elements from Beavering Away Clear Stamp Set and Woodland Critters from Time For Tea Designs. I love how this turned out.

This card took me hours and hours to complete. I made a lot of mistakes along the way and almost gave up but didn't! I made the card base with my NEW Brother Scan N Cut SDX125e using an SVG cut file I purchased from Lori Whitlock's SVG Shop. The learning curve is quite steep which is why I hesitated for years but so far I am taking my time and trying not to get too frustrated. It is pretty amazing what this machine can do. I won't describe how to put together the card as Lori has some great videos on this on her website.


For the background, I created a warm fall sky using Chipped Sapphire, Carved Pumpkin, Ripe Persimmon, Rusty Hinge and Squeezed Lemonade Distress Oxides. I used splatters of some of the darker colours for some texture. For the middle of the card, I stamped the Woodgrain Clear Stamp Set in a pale grey and I then applied Hero Arts Soft Brown ink with my Beautiful Blender Brush. For the darker inside area of the middle of the card, I used Vintage Photo Distress Oxide.

I die cut out the trees (added some shading with C0 and C00) and leaves (coloured them with Candied Apple, Scattered Straw and Spiced Marmalade) from a die set I had in my stash from Hello Bluebird. I adhered these with liquid glue to the background.

I stamped, coloured and cut out my Time For Tea Designs images. I had to mask out a small portion of the sticks with the marshmallows on them so that the elephant and hippos could hold them.

I stuck all of the elements down to the center part of the card. Originally the hippo and elephant were too far out and I couldn't close the card! A tip for anyone creating this type of card DO NOT put your elements outside of that center portion of the card as they will interfere with the shutter being able to close.

The next issue I came across was the interactive shutters getting stuck on the fire elements so I had to add some acetate over them to solve this issue. Lesson learned!

I decorated the 'belly band' on the outside of the card with leaves and the mouse from the Woodland Critter set. I love how this card turned out. This card will definitely be going to someone special.

 Don't forget I have a 10% discount code for the T4T store which can be used on anything, anytime and has no time limit - T4TANNALISA10



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like