Pages

Friday 20 November 2020

Mixing Ink Blended Backgrounds with Patterned Papers


Happy Friday everyone!! I hope you are all safe and well!
I am super excited to share this new card with you that I made during our last FB Live.

The edited version of this tutorial is now available on YouTube. Check out the link below to see how we made this card without all the waffling I do while I'm trying to make a decision :)


This card mixes an ink blended and stamped pattern with patterned papers. 

In the video I am attempting to match my ink blending to the patterned papers. Some bits were successful like my flooring which was ink blended and then stamped with the awesome A5 Woodgrain stamp.


You will see in the video that I attempted to match the frame with the blue in my patterned paper using Distress Oxides but in the end we decided not to use that element. Instead we cut the frame from Red cardstock and that really brought the scene together.


In the Live you would've seen just how I deliberated over each colour and combination of papers before settling on this. I cut this down for the YouTube video in the interests of time, however, I thought it was great to show how our crafting thought process works in real time and when you don't really have a plan, which I didn't. :)


The super cute cats were already coloured with my Copic Markers. This also added a further challenge as I wanted to make sure my whole project looked coordinated and like it had been planned this way.



I love this little mouse popping out of the cracker. I added some Glossy Accents and Stickles to the final images to add that special finishing touch.


On the inside of our card, which incidentally, is one our new A2 card bases, I added the joke sentiment strip and stamped our little mouse again using Distress Oxide Ink in Candied Apple.


Before I go today I did just want to let you all know that we have the brand new colour of Distress Oxide Ink & Spray in the shop. Its called Rustic Wilderness and its perfect for your winter woodland projects. I used  this to create the Woodgrain pattern for my floor in the card today.





I should also let you know that you can get 10% off your order by using my code T4TJO10.

Thank you so much for joining me today.
Enjoy the rest of your Friday.
XOXO

You will find a list of the products I used to make my project below.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like