Pages

Saturday 7 November 2020

I can Bearly wait to see you!

                                


Happy Saturday everyone it's Design Team member Natalie here. How are you all doing? I hope your all safe and well we are back in lockdown in the UK so I'm staying home and safe and crafting! I have such a fun Bear card to share with you all today. I love to mix and match sets so it' great that all the Time for Tea sets work so well together. I combined the Home Sweet Home, Woodland Critters and Beavering Away stamp sets for this card. I have to admit it wasn't what I had imagined when I first started this card I had originally made a little bear cave to sit in the middle surrounded by trees but it just wasn't working but you know these things happen and I still think it turned out super cute!
I had lost my mojo for a while so I spent time just sat colouring and die cutting Autumn images its great to have them and I find it helps seeing them sat on your desk. I just move them around and play with scenes and see what works well together and soon the ideas just start coming. So when my cave idea wasn't working that's what I did. 
In my folder of coloured images I also keep die cuts of bases so I can even use those to see what size I want, some even have a background stencilled on already where it's not quite worked for what I wanted then. For my card today I used the largest slimline rectangle from the new Slimline Scalloped Nesting Die set as you can see from the photo it was such a big card I struggled to fit it all in the photo!
I love slimline cards so much but boy are they tricky to photograph especially in square mode for Instagram. There's a lot of empty space in the top and bottom to fill but I struggle with getting the right balance of background props so if anyone has any tips send them my way!
I wanted to do something different for my blog post today that showed that even Design Team members don't always get it right first time or you know we struggle with things too. So I thought it would be fun to share my tips on how I get out of the rut and get back creating again. I hope you still enjoyed reading my ramblings and let me know what you do to get back into it again. 
As always I hope you liked my card and don't forget you can get 10% off in the shop using code T4TNATALIE10


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like