Pages

Monday 20 November 2023

"Having a Howling Good... Christmas!"

 Hi Tea Timers, welcome back to the blog! I am continuing the Holiday inspiration with a new Christmas card. I wanted to stretch the stamp sets that I currently have in my stash and wanted to make the image Dog Gone Mutts stamp set into a Christmas one.

With the help of the Stop Dachshund Around stamp set, I used the accessories to help get these doggies in the holiday spirit!


Sets used:

I first stamped out the pack of dogs and fussy cut them out. Then used the following Copic Marker combos to color them: E00, E11, E13, E15, E17, E19, W-0, W-2, W-4, W-6, W-8.

I then stamped out my accessories and fussy cut them out as well. I decided to use 2 Santa hats and one scarf to help dress the doggies. I used YG21, YG23, YG25, R21, R22, R24, R27 to color the accessories.


I took an A2 panel and die cut out the mini village to help create one layer of my background. I then took the hill die from the Landscape Edge set and die cut it out as well. I lightly blended these pieces with Salvaged Patina Distress Oxides.

I took another A2 panel and blended it with Salvaged Patina, Peacock Feathers and Uncharted Mariner Distress Oxides. I then splattered white watercolor over the panel to give it the snow effect.

For the sentiments, I first heat embossed the "Have a Howling Good" onto the panel, making off the word 'day,' with white embossing powder. I then used the sentiment from the Gingerbread Family set, but masking off the entire sentence except for the word 'Christmas'


To assemble my card, I adhered my elements using liquid adhesive and foam tape for the pack of dogs. I then took the music notes stamp and stamped over the top of the card to complete my card.

I hope everyone had a howling good time going through this tutorial. All of the items I used are linked above and the discount code T4TRANDY10 at checkout is still active!

Happy Crafting and Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like