Pages

Friday 20 October 2023

Halloween Night Sky

 


Happy Friday, DT Annalisa here today. Halloween is quickly approaching, so I am sharing a spooky night scene card. This time of year it is always fun to create bold scenes with colours I rarely use for backgrounds like purple! I created this nighttime scene using the Trick or Treaters Digital Stamp Collection with the Haunted House clear stamp set. 

For the background, I used a circle mask in my stash and sprayed temporary adhesive to attach it to watercolour paper. I spritzed the paper with water and sprayed uncharted mariner Distress Spray Stain, I used my Ranger Heat It tool to dry the panel. Next, I added snow flurries Distress Mica Stain spray and once again dried this with my heat tool. I removed the moon mask and gently spritzed the side of the moon with water to create that 'spooky' moon look. I dried the panel with my heat tool, I find it is vital to dry the panel after spraying it with stains or water. I just love how mica stains really make things pop!

 

For the ground, I ink-blended villainous potion and black soot Distress Oxides. I then used a silver shimmer spray on top of this and dried it with my heat tool. I die-cut it using the Slimline Hillside Scene Dies. I created a 5-inch by 6 3/4-inch card base and used liquid glue to adhere the panels. I ink-blended squeezed lemonade and scattered straw Distress Ink onto the moon area. 

I resized the cat on the broom digi in Photoshop and printed it on Neenah Solar White 80 lb card stock. I stamped the sentiment and haunted house (I masked certain areas of the stamps to get the look I wanted). I used my Brother Scan N Cut SDX125e to cut out the images, coloured everything with my Copics and added white gel pen accents with a Gelly Roll Pen. I also used the Gelly Roll Pen to add stars to the sky.

 

I used liquid glue to stick everything down to the card base. I ink-blended black soot Distress Oxide to the edges of the card to complete it.  

Thank you so much for reading my blog post. Remember to use my discount code T4TANNALISA10 when you visit the Time For Tea Designs shop to get 10% off your order.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like