Pages

Monday 7 October 2024

"Lots of time to relax..." -- Retirement Card

 Hi Tea Timers, welcome back to the blog. Today I am creating a retirement card and I wanted to use the adorable cat images from the 'Queen for a Day' stamp set. I wanted it to look like just a bunch of friends, finally able to enjoy their time now that they get to live the retirement life.

I thought the set would pair well with the 'Baked with Love Kitchen Add-on' stamp set to help create the bathroom.

Sets used:

I first stamped out my images and used the coordinating dies to die cut them out. I then used Copic Markers to color the images.

I then took an A2 Panel and drew a tile floor using one point perspective and a fineliner pen. I trimmed it off so I can adhere it to a background.

To create the background, I took an A2 panel and blended it with Tattered Rose Distress Oxide. Then I took the stencil and blended it over the panel with Saltwater Taffy and Worn Lipstick Distress Oxides.


I took the large sentiment and die cut it out of gold cardstock. I then trimmed off the 'luck' part using scissors.

For my sentiment, I heat embossed it onto teal cardstock using embossing ink and embossing powder and heat set it. I then took the coordinating die for the sentiment and die cut it out. 


I started to work on my card by first adhering the tiled floor onto the background using liquid adhesive. I then adhered the first part of the cabinets and trimmed off the excess part so I can adhere it to the opposite side.

I added the cat in the tub in the middle of the cabinets using liquid adhesive and then added to the two cats in front with foam tape.

I added the accessories to the card using liquid adhesive.


I then started to work on the sentiments by adding the "Lots of" at the top of the carding using liquid adhesive.

I then decided to add the "time to relax" below the cats with liquid adhesive as well to complete the first part of the sentiment.

I hope you enjoyed this blog post today. All of the products I used are linked above. Don't forget to use the code T4TRANDY10 at checkout for extra savings. Happy Crafting!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like