Pages

Tuesday 15 October 2024

When witches go riding...

When witches go riding, and black cats are seen, the moon laughs and whispers, 'tis near Halloween!


Just a little over two weeks to go! Have you seen the black cats and riding witches yet? Well, they landed on this blog today!

For my riding witch and black cat all in one, I used the digital stamp set Trick or Treaters. The cat ghost and pumkins are all in the same set! I coloured them with Copic alcohol markers and added a little extra shading with a black pencil.


I die cut an A6 panel using the Simple Nesting Dies out of smooth white cardstock and one size up out of lavender cardstock. The white one is the base for my background. 

For the moon I used the second smallest circle out of the Stitched Circle Dies set and used it as a mask. I added distress oxides milled lavender, wilted violet, blueprint sketch and black sooth around the moon. Added splatters with just plain water and white acrylic paint thinned with water.


For the bottom I die cut a small strip with the same size A6 simple nesting die and used the Slimline hillside scene die to cut off the top and leave a stitched edge. I added distress oxides hickory smoke and black sooth, and added splatters with thinned acrylic paint black and white. 
After it had dried, I stamped on the sentiment with watermark ink, and used white embossing powder. I adhered the background onto the lavender panel, and adhered that onto a basic white card. 


To emphasize the difference and depth between the background (sky) and foreground (bottom layer) I added a black spooky fence, but a row of houses would have been cute too! Using 3D foam tape, I adhered my witch, ghost and pumkins onto the card and that completed my spooky, but cute, scene!

Hope you like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like