Pages

Friday 24 July 2020

July Release Guest Designer: Michelle Short

Hello there, Michelle Short with you today and I am delighted to be guest designing here at Time for Tea Designs. I have three projects to share with you using the new July release, which is out today.
 

My first projects use the new Mini Rainbow Shaker Die, along with the Storms Don't Last Stamp & Dies. Although the Mini Rainbow Shaker Die is made to be used for shaker cards, you can also use the negative pieces to create a die cut rainbow too, which is what I did for my card and tag.
 
 
For the card, I cut the Mini Rainbow Shaker Die four times from coloured cardstock. I then added Distress Ink to the bottom edges for some added depth and dimension. They were added to an A2 white card base with thin foam tape. I then die cut the clouds from the Storms Don't Last Forever Die Set from white cardstock and stamped the face from the stamp set on top. They were added to the bottom of the rainbow with foam tape. For the sentiment, I used the Grateful For You Landscape Stamp Set and heat embossed it on to black cardstock. It was added to the card with more foam tape and then I added Iridescent Rain Drops to embellish.
 
 
For the tag, I die cut the Sunburst Cover Plate Die from white cardstock and then die cut it further using a tag die. I cut the tag die again from white cardstock and adhered the sunburst piece on top. I then used the other pieces from the rainbow that I cut for the card and added these on top using thin foam tape. The sentiment from the Storms Don't Last Forever Stamp Set was heat embossed on to black cardstock, cut in to strips and added to the tag with foam tape. To finish off, I added more Iridescent Rain Drops.
 

My final project for today uses the new All Occasions Critters Stamp Set and Dies, as well as the Grateful For You Landscape Set. I first took a panel of white cardstock and stamped the Grateful For You Background Stamp on to it using black ink. I then made a mask for the scene from mask paper and placed it on top. I took the Scene It 6 x 6" Stencil and placed it over the top. Using Mermaid Lagoon ink, I blended on clouds for the sky.
 
 
The masks were removed and the background coloured using Copic Markers. I then stamped the hot air balloons from the set on to a separate piece of white cardstock, along with the pig from the All Occasions Critters Stamp Set. They were also coloured using Copic Markers and fussy cut out with scissors. The background piece was added to a white A2 card base and then the balloons and pig added on top with foam tape. The sentiment from the set was heat embossed on black cardstock and cut out using the sentiment dies from the All Occasions Critters Die Set.
 
That's it from me today. A big thank you goes to Jo and her team for having me guest with them today. I hope you will check out the new products in the shop, it is such a wonderful release! Happy crafting!

1 comment:

  1. Amazing cards Michelle, love everything you’ve done with them, your colouring is amazing.. Such fantastic new releases �� SUPER cute

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like