Pages

Monday 27 July 2020

Christmas In July Video Tutorial

Hello Vic here today. I’m sharing a video tutorial where I made two Christmas cards using the gorgeous Christmas Suprise Stamp Set along with the Candy stripes Slimline Die and the Stripes Cover Plate Die.

You can view the video tutorial here:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn1TiNPdBx5gJoyeWs2CF0g

The first card I made was the slimline Christmas card. To start with I stamped my images for my card using the die  Christmas Suprise Stamp Set  and coloured them in with my copic markers.

I then used the Christmas Suprise Coordinating Dies to die cut the images out. I will show you in the video how these dies work as it leaves two little slits in the Christmas tree for your critter to be poking out of the tree. 


I then used the cut the Candy stripes Slimline Die using some red card stock.

I have used a DL card as my card base as these dies will fit on that size card. I absolutely loved making some taller cards and the Candy stripes Slimline Die is so fun to use. 
I then trimmed down a piece of Kraft card and adhered the Candy stripes  panel to my kraft piece. Once this was adhered I then used some double sided  tape to adhere these onto my DL card base. I slightly trimmed off the edge to leave a small border around the card.
Using some dark green card I heat embossed two sentiments from the Christmas Suprise Stamp Set and used white embossing powder and my heat gun to heat set the sentiment. I then trimmed the sentiment down and adhered these onto my card along with the critters. Our first card is now complete.

For my second card I made a fun shaker card using some lighter colours rather than the traditional Christmas colours. I stamped my images using the Christmas Suprise Stamp Set and Coordinating Dies. After they were coloured and die cut I then used the Stripes Cover Plate Die and die cut a piece of white card.

Using some Distress Oxide inks I then blended some soft colours onto my die cut panel. I then turned this over and using some PVA glue I adhered a piece of acetate.

I then trimmed some foam tape and adhered this all around the edges of the back of my die cut.
I then filled this up with some very small polystyrene balls. 
Once my shaker part was full I added a piece of white card that I trimmed down to fit the die cut. I adhered this onto my card base. 

I adhered my images using foam tape and heat embossed my sentiment using some pink card and white embossing powder.  The Christmas cards are now complete.

I hope this tutorial was helpful and you can see the exciting new release HERE. I had so much fun creating these cards and don’t forget you can save 10% off your order using the code: T4TVICKI10 at the checkout.
Thanks for stopping by today!
Vic

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like