Pages

Monday 15 January 2024

From Coffee Cups to Cupcakes - Stretching Your Die Sets

 Hi Tea Timers, welcome back to the blog. Last week, I created a Valentine's Day card using the Takeout Coffee Cup Die set. This week, I want to use the same set but this time use the same dies to bake up some cupcakes for another Valentine's Day card!

I really enjoy finding different ways to create die sets since its a fun way to stretch them for different uses.

Sets used:


These are the dies that I used to create the cupcakes. I die cut them all out of white cardstock and then inkblended them.



For the Heart Sprinkle, I blended it with Abandoned Coral and Lumberjack Plaid Distress Oxides. The frosting I used Saltwater Taffy and Worn Lipstick. For the cake part, I blended it with Antique Linen and Tea Dye. For the Cupcake Wrapper/Liner, I blended it with Salvage Patina, Peacock Feathers and Uncharted Mariner. 

I assembled the cupcake by adhering the cake part over the wrapper. I then added the frosting on top and then the heart sprinkle behind the frosting. I used liquid adhesive for this part.



With the alphabet dies, I die cut out the word 'sweet' from gold cardstock. 

For the sentiments, I heat embossed them onto teal cardstock using white embossing powder and I trimmed them down.

For my background, I took an A2 panel and blended it with Milled Lavender, Seedless Preserves and Dusty Concord. I then blended the Confetti stencil over the background using Villainous Potion.


To assemble my card, I first adhered the cupcakes with liquid adhesive and foam tape. I then adhered the sentiments using liquid adhesive and foam tape as well.

I hope you enjoyed this blog post today and will feel inspired to stretch thhe dies in your stash as well. All of the items that I used today are linked above. Don't forget to use the code T4TRANDY10 at checkout for extra savings.

Happy Crafting!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like