Pages

Friday 15 November 2019

Christmas Shaker Card using a Non Christmas Stamp Set

Hi all! Jo here with the edited version of Thursday nights FB Live. 

Be sure to give it a watch as I have decide to speed up the Live version significantly for those of you who may not have time to watch the full version but would still like to see some of the techniques we used.


In todays project I decided to make a Christmas Card using a non Christmassy Stamp Set. This way we can really get the most out of our stamp sets. 

This little Highland Cow is so cute and makes the most adorable focal image for any card. He's particularly popular for making cards for men. 

Ant joined me for the tutorial this time but wasn't just there as my assistant and to monitor the comments! I got him crafting. He even said he would rather be crafting with me than watching the England Match!! He's definitely a keeper :)


Ant tried his hand at some blending with our new Beautiful Blender Brushes. He created this gorgeous background with Distress Oxide Inks and some Altenew Shimmer Spray. 


I coloured my Moovellous Cow using my Copic markers and a picture of a white Highland Cow that I found on the internet.

I die cut my shaker frame using the Smile Sentiment Scalloped Frame Die from some bright white card stock.



 I added a snow bank by using my Sunny Side Up Stencil as a template. I used the sloped hill side of the stencil to draw a pencil line on bright white card and then cut out the piece. I added acetate and then this snow slope to the back of my scalloped frame.


I used Versafine Black Ink to stamp my sentiment on the background Ant created and then placed my sequins in the centre.


I applied thick shaker tape to the back of my frame being sure to leave no gaps and lining right up to the top of my slope so that the sequins sit on top and don't fall behind it.
I placed my frame onto my background and the whole panel onto a landscape A6 card.


Finally I added my characters and some additional sequins to the front of my card.  I used Stickles to add some shimmer to the top of my tree, the cows horns and all around the edges of my frame. Clear Nuvo Crytsal Drops made the birds beaks and cows nose shiny.

Once my project was dry I set up my craft table to take some pictures and guess who got involved!!!? Yes Rosie our kitten! Look how cute she is though! Especially when she got up & had sequins stuck to her bum!! :D


I hope you enjoyed the tutorial today.

We will be back with a new tutorial next Thursday at 8pm on FB Live.

We will also be back on Create and Craft Tuesday at 5.30pm with the Beautiful Blender Brushes and some stencilling techniques so I really hope you can join me for that.

Below are the T4TD products that I used for my card.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like