Pages

Tuesday 20 February 2024

Sweet, sweeter, sweetest

Hello sweet crafty friends!

I got to play with the warm hugs stamp set critters! These are actually the digistamps so I took my coloring paper to the office, printed them when my colleagues weren't looking 😉 and after returning home I cut them out using my Scan 'n cut machine. Using digistamps was a first for me, and I do like how they turned out! 



I wanted to use natural colors for the critters and only use two bright colors for the cups and sweets on this card. So I chose browns and greys and I love combining these tones with pink and blue. After I had finished the coloring it was time for me to start making the background.

Using my die cut machine, I cut an A6 panel and a window cover frame from white cardstock. With the help of the frame and masking tape, I divided my panel in three parts to be able to blend my Distress Oxides, creating depth within all the windows of the frame. The colors used are spun sugar and kitsch flamingo.



Now all I needed was a sentiment! I die cut SWEET from colored cardstock and added peacock feathers distress oxide at the bottom of the letters. Then I used the sentiment from the sweet cart critters clear stamp set with white heat embossing powder on black cardstock to finish the sentence.




First I adhered the window cover frame to the panel. Using foam tape (1mm) I then adhered the critters and sentiment onto the panel. Last, but not least, I added some 'sprinkles' a.k.a. Nuvo crystal drops.
And then, ofcourse, I got myself a cup of coffee with a donut, as looking at the critters for quite some time got me peckish 😋




Products used:

Warm Hugs Clear Stamp Set

Simple Nesting Dies A6

Stitched window cover die

Anthony's Alpha Dies

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like