Pages

Monday 17 July 2023

Calling all coffee lovers: "We Are the Perfect Blend"

 Hi Tea Timers, welcome back to the blog! DT Randy here, a true coffee addict and back with another coffee card. I wanted to create a scene that hints at a group of friends or family coming together and sharing cups of coffee.

Sets used:

(Coordinating dies available here)

I first stamped out the coffee mug image 6 times and fussy cut them out. There are coordinating dies available as well. I used the following Copic Marker combos to color each mug:

Pink: RV21, RV23, RV25
Purple: V01, V04, V06
Blue: BG11, BG13, BG15, BG18
Green: YG21, YG23, YG45
Yellow: Y11, Y13, Y15, Y17
Orange: YR12, YR14, YR16, YR18

For the coffee portion I used E11, E13, E15 combo and E23, E25, E27.

I then took each coffee cup and heat embossed the foam using white embossing powder. I did this to all 6 of my cups and I love the way that it looks. 



I then set the mugs to the side and started to work on my background. I first took the Coffee Bean stencil and blended it with Tea Dye and Gathered Twigs Distress Oxides. I then took the Coffee Stains stencil and blended it with Antique Linen.

To create my sentiment, I wanted it to look like a gift so I decided on us the gift tag die from the Memory Keeping Essentials set and punch a hole at the top using a hole punch. I first heat embossed my sentiment using white embossing powder and a heat gun. I thought it looked too bare so I took 2 of the coffee bean stamps and with embossing ink stamped it around the tag. Then heat embossed it with more white embossing powder.

I took twine that I had in my stash and tied it to the tag and trimmed off any extra twine.


To assemble my card, I decided on adhering the coffee mugs with liquid adhesive around the the edge of the card. I trimmed off any pieces that went over. I then adhered the tag using foam tape and placed it in the middle.

I hope you enjoyed this blog post today and will check out all of the products that I have used today. If you want to purchase any of the sets, click on the link(s) above and use the code T4TRANDY10 at checkout for some savings. Happy Crafting!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like