Pages

Wednesday 26 July 2023

Christmas in July: Big Winter Hugs!

Hi friends, how are you? Keeping with the Christmas in July theme which I've been really enjoying this month, I made this cosy sweater-themed card using Time for Tea Designs products.


I started by ink-blending my background - I used the Cosy Sweater stencil and ink blended milled lavender and faded jeans distress oxides, overlapping them in the middle to create a new purpley-blue colour. At this point, I didn't like how stark the white card looked against the sweater pattern when I removed my stencil, so I ink blended a light amount of the same colours over the top.



Next, I ink blended some white cardstock with the same colours, but also adding in hickory smoke at the bottom. I die cut the sentiment "Big Hugs" from this, then die cut two more from white cardstock and stacked them together for dimension. I die cut the shadow from white and added my sentiment to this, before placing it on my ink blended panel with foam tape.



I did like the clean and simple look of the card, but decided to add just a couple more details - first I trimmed down the sub-sentiment from T4T's pre-printed sentiment strips, and added it with thin foam strips. Then I die cut some snowflakes from the Falala slimline scalloped die set and added them with liquid glue.

To finish my card, I trimmed the ink blended panel down and added it to a white card base.

I hope you enjoyed today's card and I'll see you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like