Pages

Saturday 15 July 2023

Relax... take it easy!

Hi everyone, DT Emma here sharing how I made this weeks card! Can we just start with how cute are these sloths! Adorable. They totally deserve to be shown off in a sleepy, relaxing card. 

I started off this card by cutting a piece of the white alcohol ink friendly cardstock to 4.25 inch by 5.5 inch. I then used a circle die cut piece of card to ink blend the sky background using Distress oxide colours in Chipped Sapphire, Blueprint Sketch and Tumbled Glass. I then used a mixed of Distress oxide inks in Picket Fence and Lost Shadow to create some shadow effects on the moon. 

I die cut and coloured the images I wanted from the Be Slothy stamp set and the Home Sweet Home stamp set, using the following copic colours:

Leaves: YG21, YG23, YG25, YG05, YG09 and YG17
Sloths: W00, W1, W3 and W5
Branches: E23, E25 and E27
Armchair: R89, R29 and R27
Candle and holder: E23, T0, TR04 and Y35
Blanket: V12 and V15
Mug: B97, B45 and B41

I then cut a quarter inch from either side of the long edge of the background piece so that I can create a sentiment edge on my cardbase. I took at 4.25inch by 5.5 inch card base and secured it in my misti and using the small sentiments from the Be Slothy stamp set I stamped out the words "Be Slothy", "take it easy", "let's hang out", "zzzz" and "Relax" on both sides using black archival ink. 

Once I had those edges stamped I adhered my background piece to it and then adhered my coloured images to create the scene. 


Hope everyone is having a great weekend and finding time to RELAX. Don't forget if you are shopping on the Time for Tea site today you can use my code T4TEMMA10 to get 10% off. 
See you again soon! 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like