Pages

Monday 10 July 2023

Don't Worry... Be Slothy! (w/DIY Crescent Moon)

 Hi Tea Timers, DT Randy here back on the blog with a card featuring some adorable sloths! What better day than Monday, the day of the week I most feel like these sleepy sloths!


Sets Used:


I first stamped out my images and used the coordinating die sets to cut the images out. I used the following Copic Marker colors to color the sloths: E40, E41, E42, E43, E44, E47.

For the tree branches I used: E11, E13, E15, YG21, YG23, YG45. For the blanket I used BG11, BG13, BG18. I set the images to the side and started to work on my background.


I took an A2 Panel and blended Salvaged Patina, Peacock Feathers, and Uncharted Mariner. I then splattered white water color over it to give it the "stars" look.

From another white cardstock A2 panel, I used one of the cloud dies and cut out a cloud piece. I cut out another cloud piece using the other cloud die in the set but this time with an A2 Panel cut from Vellum. 

To create my Crescent Moon, all you need is a circle die. I first cut my circle from silver cardstock. I then used that same circle die and moved it over until I had the crescent moon size that I wanted.


To assemble my card, I first adhered the cloud pieces, and then the moon piece. I decided to stamp the sentiment directly onto the cloud piece. I then adhered the sloth images using liquid adhesive.

I hope you enjoyed this tutorial today. Check out the sets that I used today and if you purchase any of them, use the code T4TRANDY10 at checkout for extra savings! Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like