Pages

Monday 1 April 2024

Hello: 1 Stecil, 2 Cards

 Hi Tea Timers, welcome back to the blog. I have been wanting to create with the Dancing Dandelion stencil and thought would be fun to create two different cards with the one stencil. 


I decided to heat emboss with the stencil and do a simple ink blending with distress oxides and the stencil. Both cards are very simple but are meant to send a message to a dear friend.

Sets used:

For my first card, I taped off the border of the card with low tack tape so I could ink blend the middle portion. I used Cracked Pistacio, Salvaged Patina, Peacock Feathers and Uncharted Mariner Distress Oxides.

I then took the stencil and blended it with embossing ink. I added the white embossing powder and heat embossed it.


I then took the 'hello' word die and cut it out of gold cardstock. With the sentiment, I heat embossed it onto pink cardstock with gold embossing powder. I trimmed the sentiment down to a strip.

I removed the tape and assembled my card by adding the hello with liquid adhesive and the sentiment with foam tape.


My next card, I did the same technique by masking the border. I then ink blended Scattered Straw, Abandoned Coral, Dried Marigold, Carved Pumpkin, Abandoned Coral and Lumberjack Plaid Distress Oxides.

I then decided to first stamp on my sentiment with black ink before I added the stencil. Once I stamped on the sentiments, I positioned the stencil onto my card. I ink blended Black Soot Distress Oxide onto the stencil around the sentiments.


I then carefully removed the low tack tape to reveal the completed card.

I hope you enjoyed this blog post today. All of the supplied I used today are linked above. Don't Forget to use the code T4TRANDY10 at checkout for extra savings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like