Pages

Tuesday 9 April 2024

You, me and a cup of ....

Goodday everyone!

In case you haven't noticed yet, one of my favorite themes on a card is... coffee!
This week I'd like to show you another invitation to send out to someone.

I took my Takeout Coffee Cup Dies and ran them through my die cut machine using a vanilla cardstock. I added Distress Ink (Antique linen) to emphasize the shape of the cup. Used a nice chocolate brown for the coffee cup wrapper and topped it off with a pink heart. 



For the Coffee Sentiment Die I used light pink glitter cardstock and blueish aqua smooth cardstock. The 'you, me and a cup of' sentiment was taken from the The Perfect Blend Stamp Set, although I left out the 'tea' part 😉 I stamped it onto black cardstock with Versafine watermark ink and heat embossed it with white embossing powder. 

Using the Simple Nesting Dies A6 I die-cut a panel out of light pink smooth cardstock. With the Scattered Hearts 6 x6" Stencil and Distress Oxide (Picked raspberry) I stenciled on the background, making sure I'd fade out towards the edges by starting in de middle of the panel and not re-inking my brush when moving towards the edges. I think it makes the background more subtle and draws the attention to the center of the card, where the coffee cup and sentiment are going to be.


After my ink had dried, I assembled the stenciled panel onto a blue scalloped panel - matching the color to the one used on the coffee sentiment. 
I used 3D foam tape to adhere the coffee cup and sentiments onto the card base.
Lastly, I added some nice orange enamel dots, taken from the Time For Tea Designs Designer Enamel Dots (summer haze)




I hope this card inspires you to send out an unexpected invitation to a lovely person you'd like to share your coffee with!

All the best

~Ilona~


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like