Pages

Monday 29 April 2024

"The Sky's The Limit" with Using Diecuts as a Stencil

 Hi Tea Timers, welcome back to the blog. Today, I wanted try a technique where I would use cloud diecuts as a stencil. Normally, I would just adhere the diecuts onto the panel but wanted to have the positive space of the clouds onto the card panel. I thought this would be a simple but effective technique.

Sets used:

(Coordinating die set available here)

I first stamped out my images and fussy cut them out. The only image that I really had to color was the panda's scarf, which I used Copic Markers to color it. Coordinating dies are available as well but I decided to fussy cut them out.


I then die cut out the clouds from cardstock, several times. I used low tack tape to adhere to the back of the diecuts and then placed them around the A2 Panel.

Once I had the clouds in place, I carefully blended Abandoned Coral, Carved Pumpkin, Scattered Straw, Twisted Citron and Salvaged Patina Distress Oxides onto the Panel.



Once completed, I removed the clouds and splattered white watercolor over the panel. 

I arranged how I wanted my images to go onto the panel and then decided where to stamp the dashed lines onto the panel. I used a stamp platform to stamp it onto the panel with black ink.


I also decided where I wanted the sentiments to go, in the clouds and stamped them using black ink. 

Once complete, I added my images using liquid adhesive as well as foam tape. I thought it would be nice to die cut out more clouds and add them using foam tape to give it a layered look.

I hope you will try this technique as well if you have yet to try it. All the items that I used are linked above. Don't forget to use the code T4TRANDY10 at check for some savings. Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like