Pages

Monday 22 April 2024

I'm QUACKERS About You!

 Hi Tea Timers, welcome back to the blog. I finally got my hands on the Lucky Ducks set and I had to create a card immediately. I wanted to create a scene where 2 ducks meeting each other at the pond.

Sets used:

I first stamped out my images and used the coordinating die set to die cut out the images. I then used Copic markers to color them. Once I completed coloring the images, I set them to the side.

I then took an A2 panel and blended a cloud stencil with Kitsch Flamingo and Scattered Straw Distress Oxides.


I then created my pond and grass parts by cutting out a hill piece and a grass piece with the landscape dies. For the pond, I blended the hill piece with Peacock Feathers and Salvaged Patina Distress Oxides. I splattered this piece with white watercolor.

For the pond piece, I took an x-acto knife and cut a slit in the middle of the piece off to the side. I wanted to fit my duck in this piece.

For the grass piece, I blended it with Twisted Citron and Mowed Lawn Distress Oxides. I also splattered this piece with white water color.

For the sentiments, I die cut out the word 'love' from gold cardstock. I then heat embossed the stamp sentiment onto teal cardstock with white embossing powder. I took the coordinating die to cut it out.

To assemble my card, I adhered the grass piece and then the pond piece behind it. I then adhered the stamped grass pieces behind the pond pieces. 

I then added the duck into the little slit that I cut in the pond. With the second duck, I adhered it with foam tape. 

I finished my card by adding my sentiments to the top of the card with liquid adhesive.

All of the items I used today are linked above. Use the code T4TRANDY10 at checkout for extra savings.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like