Pages

Tuesday 30 April 2024

Let's celebrate 🦊

Hello everyone! 

It's about time for me to switch from invites for a coffee to your 'regular' birthday card 😉 Time for tea has got numerous of perfect stamp sets do create a colorful happy birthday card to brighten up someone's birthday! For this card I chose to work with the Birthday Fox Clear Stamp Set. Stamped my images onto white cardstock and coloured them in with Copic markers. One reason I chose the foxes is because their beautiful true to nature colour orange combines with basically any other colour in my Copic stash. I went for aqua and pink accessoiries on the stamped images and love how they go together with orange!


Now I needed a background that would compliment all these bright colours on the stamped images and thought yellow would be perfect to create a happy ensemble. I die cut a circle and added distress oxides squeezed lemonade and mustard seed at the top, and tea dye with aged mahogany at the bottom. I used wild honey together with the Movie Star 6 x6" Stencil and added paint splatters to complete the circle. 



I adhered the background to a scalloped circle in white cardstock which would enable me to pick a paper with design. I rarely put 2 papers with design on top of each other - I find it too busy for the eye - but adding a plain divider such as this white circle helps me to calm it down. So I matched the pink and used a square die cut for the background panels. Adhered everything onto a white cardbase and now it's time for me to add the stamped and coloured images!

Using 3D foam tape enables me to create depth into the scene so the cake goes in front of the partying foxes. I stamped the sentiment onto the card, and added enamel dots (summer haze) as a finishing touch.

I love how colourful this card turned out, hope it puts you in de partying mood as well!


~Ilona~









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like