Pages

Monday 8 April 2024

You Had Me at Meow: Cat Background

Hi Tea Timers, welcome back to the blog. One of the large sentiment dies that I really adore is the "You Had Me at Meow" sentiment die. I wanted to create a cat background to pair with this sentiment.

For this card, I decided to use the cats from three stamp sets to create a fun cat background. I also added some accessories featured in this set to help fill out the background.

Sets used:

(Coordinating dies available here)
(Coordinating dies available here)
(Coordinating dies available here)

I first stamped arranged the cats onto an A2 card base and stamped them on using black ink. With any big, blank spaces, i took the same cats and stamped them again to fill out those spaces.

I then took some of the accessories featured in the stamp sets, such as the mouse, paw print, etc. and stamped them around the card as well.

Once I had my background completed, I used Copic Markers to color the background. 

Once I finished coloring my background, I set it to the side to start working on the sentiment.

I first die cut the sentiment from teal cardstock and then green cardstock. I then took the negative space and placed it on top of the background.

This is a good trick to helping you align the words as this sentiment die is not connected together. Once I had it where I wanted the words to go, I then added liquid adhesive and added in each letter to their respective spaces.

I hope you enjoyed this blogpost today. All of the items that I used are linked above. Don't forget to use the code T4TRANDY10 at checkout for extra savings. Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like