Pages

Monday 27 May 2024

"Hope Your Day is Sweet!"

 Hi Tea Timers, welcome back to the blog. With summer drawing near, I wanted to create a fun beach card to welcome in the new season. I love ice cream and thought the 'Cool Critters' stamp set was perfect for the summer vibes.

Sets used:

I first stamped out the images and used the coordinating die set to cut them out. I then used Copic Markers to color the images. Once completed, I set them to the side and worked on my background.

I took a cloud stencil and blended it with Salvaged Patina and Scattered Straw Distress Oxides onto an A2 Panel.

I then took another A2 panel and die cut out the hill pieces. One piece I wanted to use for the sand. The second piece I wanted to use for the water.

For the water piece, I blended it with Peacock Feather Distress Oxides and splattered it with white water color.

For the sand piece, I blended it with Antique Linen and Tea Dye Distress Oxides and splattered it with brown and white water color. 

To assemble the card, I adhered the water piece first and then the sand piece with liquid adhesive. I then added the two palm trees behind the sand piece with liquid adhesive.

I added the ice cream truck using liquid adhesive as well. Before I added the two critters with foam tape, I heat embossed the sentiment directly onto the card using embossing ink and bronze embossing powder.

Once I heat embossed the sentiment, I added the 2 critters with foam tape.

I hope you are ready for summer like I am. Hopefully it won't be too hot but that would just mean more time to craft! All the items that I used are linked above. Don't forget to use the code T4TRANDY10 at checkout for extra savings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like