Pages

Saturday 25 May 2024

Wavy celebration with Kaja

 Hi all,

It's Kaja from Kajcyika crafts and today I am back with an adorable card that can be used for any celebration.

Take a look:

This time, I knew that I wanted to make a summer card, so I started off by creating the background. For it, I used distress inks with which I watercolored directly on a piece of a watercolor card stock that is slightly smaller than my card base. 

To make the waves a tiny bit more realistic, I added some white gel pen details. I used the same pen to then create a stitched border around the outside edge of the panel.

Next, I stamped out a bunch of images from the Beach buds stamp set which I colored in using alcohol markers. I decided to go with the colors that are a bit more neutral, so the background really pops out.

Even though I wanted the focus on the background, I still found it a bit too busy, so I die cut a rectangle and two hearts from white cardstock using dies from the Stitched hearts cover die set. 

The last thing that I had to add was the sentiment that reads 'let's shellebrate' and can be found in Beach buds stamp set.

Then, I just glued everything on a card base using double sided foam squares and liquid glue and the card was all finished.

Hugs,
Kaja

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like