Pages

Monday 3 June 2024

"I'm a LUCKY DUCK..." - Let's Accessorize the Ducks!

Hi Tea Timers, welcome back to the blog. I have been wanting to use the Lucky Ducks set again and thought it would be fun to accessorize them and get them ready for a party. 

I looked through the other sets that I have and thought they would look great in the party hats featured in the Birthday Fox stamp set.

Sets used:


I first stamped out my images and used the coordinating die sets to cut them out. I then used Copic Markers to color all of my images and set them to the side.

I then die cut out the Wonky Windows Cover die from white cardstock. I wanted to give it a nice rainbow blend. I used Worn Lipstick, Scattered Straw, Mowed Lawn and Peacock Feathers Distress Oxides to blend onto the frame. I then splattered it with white water color.

I decided to create the frame as a shaker so I trimmed down acetate to fit the back of the card. I then adhered it with tape runner. I then took a piece of silver cardstock and trimmed it down to fit behind the frame.


With foam strips, I added it around the frame, separating the top two windows with the bottom two. I brushed it with anti-static powder and then poured in my sequins. 

I then added the silver background to the frame and shook it a couple times to make sure it wasn't sticking to the foam strips. 

I took the sentiments and heat embossed them onto purple cardstock using embossing ink and white embossing powder. I then used the coordinating dies to die cut them out.


I assembled my card by first adding the sentiments to the frame with liquid adhesive. I then added the ducks to the frame using foam tape. To complete the card, I adhered the accessories with liquid adhesive.

I hope you enjoyed this tutorial today. All the items I used are linked above. Don't forget to use the code T4TRANDY10 at checkout for extra savings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like