Pages

Monday 10 June 2024

"Sweet Friend... You're the Cherry on Top"

 Hi Tea Timers, welcome back to the blog. Today am back with another card using one of my favorite sets, the Cool Critter stamp. I have been wanting to pair it with the Sundae Sweeties stamp set. Specifically the cat holding the huge ice cream cone. 

I wanted to create a perspective card, where it looks like the cat just purchased its ice cream and is running happily to a safe spot to finish the cone. 

Sets used:


I first stamped out my images and used the coordinating die sets to cut them out. I then used Copic Markers to color my images. 

I then took an A2 card panel and die cut out a 2 hill pieces and a grass piece. I wanted to create layers so that it looked like the ice cream truck was further away from the cat.


With the hill and grass piece, I blended it with Twisted Citron and Mowed Lawn Distress Oxides. I then splattered it with white watercolor.

I took another A2 Panel and and with a cloud stencil, blended it with Salvaged Patina and Scattered Straw Distress Oxides.

For my sentiments, I first stamped the first sentient directly onto the background using black ink.



For the second sentiment, I heat embossed it onto the grass piece with embossing ink and white embossing powder.

I assembled my card using a mix of liquid adhesive and foam tape fo the adorable critters with the ice cream.

All of the items I used are linked above. I hope you enjoyed this blog post today. Dont' forget to use the code T4TRANDY10 at checkout for extra savings. Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like