Pages

Tuesday 18 June 2024

Oh Baby Baby

Hello crafty friends!

Sending actual cards out by post is a gesture that we see less and less over here in Holland. Birthday cards are scarce for instance. The dutch do however still send cards to congratulate somebody with the birth of their child. I felt like making a baby themed card this week, and I'd like to show you the result!

I wanted to make stuffed animals out of some critters by coloring them in unnatural colors and adding a stitched line to the faces. The critters from the Hey There Critters Clear Stamp Set proved to be perfect for this idea. I ended up with a pink rabbit, a blue bear and a grey mouse (ok, this is not unnatural, but perfect for a stuffed animal though 😉)


Colorful stuffed animals should be accompanied by a colorful background in my book, so I took out the Scattered Hearts 6 x6" Stencil and used distress oxides cracked pistachio, scattered straw, dried marigold and kitsch flamingo onto a trimmed square from white cardstock.

To create a little 'cabinet' for the stuffed animals to sit in, I used the Stitched Window Cover Die and trimmed the top to fit onto the square panel.



With the Anthony's Alpha Dies set, I created the word BABY by die cutting each letter twice, once in white and once in black. I adhered the letters and made sure the black pops out of the side a little bit, creating the illusion of shadow. Using this method enhances the contrast thus readability of the word.

I adhered the trimmed frame onto the stenciled panel and trimmed a new panel out of light pink cardstock to put on the back. This went onto a square white cardbase.  Lastly I added the critters, letters and a couple of enamel dots on top and this baby is ready to be sent off! 


I hope you like the outcome as much as I do.

Have a great day everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like