Pages

Saturday 9 September 2023

It's raining rainbow sweets!


Hi everyone, DT Emma here sharing with you this weekend my bright and colourful sweet based card using the Gummy Bears stamp set from the new release. 

I started with the background, as this release is all about birthdays I wanted to keep everything bright and colourful so I decided to ink blend a rundown background using the following distress oxides:

Scattered Straw
Kitsch Flamingo (the orange colour between the yellow and pink is actually scattered straw and Kitsch Flamingo blended together)
Shaded Lilac
Broken China
Salvaged Patina

I didn't ink all the way to the centre of the card as I wanted a nice white edge around my main image. Once I had ink blended the background I splattered some water to lift some spots of ink and then splattered some gold ink over the whole card. 


I stamped and die cut the small sweets from the Gummy Bears stamp set along with the gumboil machine.  I used the following copic markers to colour the images:

Machine: BG13, BG11, BG10, BG49 and YR23 (for the turning handle)
Gumballs: B01, Y15, G03 and R35
Sweets: V01 and V15, Y02, Y15, YG01, YG03, R30, R32, Y21 and Y35. 
White gel marker for the highlights on the images. 

I stamped and die cut the sentiment "I chews you" adhering this to the base of the gumboil machine. I then adhered all my images to the card. I finished the card by adhering it to an A2 cardblank. 

Hope you all have a lovely weekend! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like