Pages

Monday 11 September 2023

"Let's Celebrate" with Birthday Fox

Hi Tea Timers, welcome back to the blog. DT Randy here with a tutorial using the new Birthday Fox stamp set. The foxes in this stamp set are just so adorable and I wanted to create a fun 'surprise' card with them.

Sets used:

Coordinating die set available here
Winter Trees die set

I first stamped out my images and fussy cut them out. The coordinating dies are available as well. I then used the following Copic Marker combos to color them: YR00, YR12, YR, 14, YR16, YR18.

I set the foxes to the side and started to work on my background. I first took an A2 card panel and with a cloud stencil, blended it with Salvaged Patina and Scattered Straw. I love using both colors as it gives a sun and sky look. 



I then took another A2 panel and cut the grass pieces using 2 of the dies in the landscape set. I blended the grass pieces with Twisted Citron, Mowed Lawn and Forest Moss. I splattered it with white watercolor to give it some interest.

I then took the winter trees and die cut them from white cardstock. With Gathered Twigs and Antique Linen Distress Oxides, I blended over each trunk.

To assemble my card, I first adhered the grass pieces to the sky background. I then placed where I wanted each fox to go so I could see where I wanted to place my sentiment. I then heat embossed the sentiment using embossing ink and white embossing powder. 



I then adhered the trees using liquid adhesive. I added each fox, with the sleeping fox in the middle and the two foxes on either side, ready to surprise the birthday fox. I added their accessories to complete the card.

I hope you enjoyed this quick tutorial today. If you like any of the sets used in my post, check out the links above and use the cod T4TRANDY10 at checkout for extra savings. Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like