Pages

Monday 18 September 2023

"Calories Don't Count! Happy Birthday!"

 Hi Tea Timers, welcome back to the blog. DT Randy here with a quick and easy card using the new Birthday Cake stamp set. The set has images of so many delicious goodies that I wanted to highlight some of them, specifically the bottle of Champagne and the delicious cake!

Sets used:

Birthday Cake Coordinating die set available here

I first stamped out my images and fussy cut them out. For the cake, I used the following Copic Marker combos: RV21, RV23, RV25, E00, E11, R21, E22, E24. For the cake stand I used BG11, BG13, BG15. For the bottle I used, YG21, YG23, Y11, Y13, Y15.



I then took the polaroid die and cut it out of purple cardstock. I heat embossed the sentiments directly onto the polaroid using embossing ink and white embossing powder. 

I trimmed down a piece of white cardstock to fit the back of the polaroid. I blended Kitsch Flamingo and Tattered Rose on the back piece. With white water color, I splattered it across the piece.



To create my background panel, I took an A2 panel and blended it with Picked Raspberry, Mustard Seed, Mowed Lawn and Peacock Feathers Distress Oxides. 

To complete my card, I adhered the polaroid onto the card panel using foam adhesive tape.

I hope you enjoyed this tutorial today. I always have to remind myself that not all cards need scenes or lots of elements. Clean and simple ones have as much impact as well. All links to the sets I used today are above. Use the code T4TRANDY10 at checkout if you purchase any sets.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like