Pages

Tuesday 19 March 2024

Bonjour, hello, hola, hallo, ciao!


Bonjour mes amis!

That's about as much french as I remember from school, a loooong time ago 😉 I think it would be wise for me to continue this blog in english, and tell you all about the card I made this week.

I'm really getting in the mood for spring, and have noticed I'm constantly leaning towards bright skies and grassy hills when crafting. I guess the few sunrays we have been catching here in the Netherlands have that effect on me. So I'm opting to dwell in it, and made another spring themed card for you, saying HI to the season to come!
The Hey there critters stamp set are perfect for saying HI, they all have their little paws up in the air, waving at you 💛 Ofcourse you could also give them one of the accessories from the stamp set, such as a balloon or a sunflower, to hold - like I did on the bunny.

I started off by stamping all the images, and colored with Copic markers. After that I ran the sheet through my Scan 'n Cut machine to cut them out. Set those aside and then focused on the background.
Using the Simple Nesting Dies - A6 I die cut a panel from white cardstock. Then I took a strip of 1,5 cm masking tape and adhered it onto the panel, approx 1,5 cm from the bottom. This creates the white area for the stamped sentiment.
I started with the pink sky, using Distress Oxides spun sugar and kitsch flamingo. Then I took my 6x6 Scene Builder Stencil out, and used the grass edge together with Distress Oxides mowed lawn and rustic wilderness. Keeping the masking tape and stencil on, I added dark green and white paint splatters to the grass.
After waiting until the ink and paint had dried, I removed the masking tape. Took my stamping tool and layed out the sentiment in the middle of the white area. I like how this black & white in the middle of the card emphasizes the sentiment! Draws your attention straight in. Lastly, I added the stamped and colored images, using foam tape 0,5 mm and 1 mm to create a little depth.

Adhered the completed panel to an A6 white folded card with double sided tape and that finished my card! Now let's all give a warm welcome to spring and hope it's going to give us lots of real bright skies and grassy hills!

Ilona ~





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like