Pages

Tuesday 5 March 2024

Let's do coffee!

Hello friends!

My name is Ilona, and I'm an addict. To coffee that is.

I love having coffee together with friends and family which led me to making this next card for T4T. Sending out a card for birthdays, christmas or valentine's is quite common, I say we should add sending out invites to have a coffee together to that list. Time for Coffee Tea has the perfect goodies for that! 

First I gathered some colored cardstock to find a nice color combination. I decided on blue and orange/brown and die-cut the cups from the Takeout Coffee Cup Dies set. To create a little depth on the cups, I chose a darker shade of Distress Oxide (uncharted mariner and crackling campfire) and used those to emphasize the sides of the cups. I left the sleeves untouched as I wanted those to pop off the cups and have the smiley faces, which I made using small ovals and circles from basic die-cut sets, really stand out. After I added the smiley faces I adhered the sleeves to the cups using plain glue. 


I used a cotton swab and Tea Dye Distress Oxide to make the foam look more realistic. The top of the cups are adhered using 1mm foam tape, again to create some depth. I also added a chocolate heart from the Takeout Coffee Cup set using brown cardstock. A bold sentiment was needed in my opinion, so I grabbed the Hey, Hello, Hi Dies and used white and black cardstock for big contrast. 

Using the Simple Nesting Dies A6, I die-cut a panel from white cardstock and used Spun Sugar, Kitsch Flamingo and Picked Raspberry Distress Oxides to create an ombre background. Had to wait until that dried to stamp on the sentiment which I took from the Perfect Blend Clear Stamp Set.

I adhered the panel onto a white A6 card and added my cups, sentiment die-cut and also added a couple of black enamel dots from the Summer Haze Set.

Now, who wants to go and grab a coffee with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like