Pages

Tuesday 12 March 2024

You've got mail!


Hello! Ilona coming your way with some Snailmail 🐌 

The sun was actually shining over here in the Netherlands last weekend, birds were chirping and it felt like spring was in the air. I just had to make a card this week that would capture the feeling! So I took out my You got mail stampset and decided I'd make a little garden scene. After stamping the cute critters and mailbox, I colored them using my Copic alcohol markers and cut them out with the help of the coordinating die set.

The 6x6 Scene Builder Stencil has the perfect edges to create a garden scene. Using the Simple nesting dies A6 I die-cut a panel from white cardstock as a background. I took the grass edge of the stencil and 2 colors of Distress oxide (twisted citron and mowed lawn) and stenciled 2 layers of grass at the bottom of the panel. After that I used the sky edge of the stencil and made several cloud lines to form a sky with Distress oxide (tumbled glass). 


I splattered some paint onto this background and waited until it dried. Again, using the simple nesting dies I die-cut another panel, one size up, from teal cardstock. Adhered the garden background onto the teal panel with tape, and adhered the teal panel on top of an A6 white folded card. 

Time to add my colored stamped images! I like to use foam tape to adhere images, to create a little depth. The mailbox in the back was adhered with 0,5mm tape and the snails with 1mm tape.


I stamped on the sentiment from the same clear stamp set with my stamping tool (Misti) and black stamping ink. Then I decided to add highlights to the stamped images with a white gel pen ánd add a couple of glitters to the shells with my biggest glittery friend: Stickles (star burst). All to insinuate the sun is shining in this garden! 


Ofcourse it's raining cats and dogs while writing this blog, but at least I have this card to look at and remind me spring is on it's way!! 

Wishing you all a sunny day ☀️

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like