Pages

Monday 11 March 2024

Have an EGGSTRA Special Easter!

 Hi Tea Timers, welcome back to the blog. Did you know that Easter is in March this year? It's on March 31st and we are almost 3 weeks away from the big day! I wanted to start creating Easter cards as I know this month is going to fly by.

I wanted to create an egg-centric card for our sweet bunny friend to pair the perfect "eggstra" sentiment.


Sets used:

I first stamped out my images and used the coordinating dies to cut them out. I then used Copic Markers to color them. 

To create my background, I took an A2 panel and blended the eggs using Saltwater Taffy, Scattered Straw, Twisted Citron and Salvaged Patina Distress Oxides. I then blended the designs stencil over the eggs with Worn Lipstick, Fossilized Amber, Mowed Lawn and Peacock Feathers Distress Oxides.


I then die cut out the large eggs using the slimline die from white cardstock several times. The perfect way to mass produce the egg diecuts. I then used the same Distress Oxide blends as above for my eggs.

For the sentiments, I heat embossed them onto purple cardstock with embossing ink and embossing powder. I then used the coordinating dies to cut out the sentiments.

To assemble my card, I took the A2 panel and then adhered the eggs on the lower half, making sure to overlap them. I trimmed off any excess pieces. 


I then adhered my bunny holding the egg using foam tape. For the sentiments, I adhered them onto my panel with foam tape to complete my card.

I hope you enjoyed this blog post. Are you ready for Easter? All of the products I used today are linked above. Don't forget to use the code T4TRANDY10 at checkout for extra savings. Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it really does brighten my day!

Other Posts You Might Like